hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (C) Transport 交通討論區 航空(C2) [Flight Report] CX Hong Kong - Jakarta
開啟左側

[飛行報告] [Flight Report] CX Hong Kong - Jakarta

[複製鏈接]
hkskyline 發表於 2017-4-9 13:25 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

My first trip in 2017 would be to Jakarta, a warm choice in the midst of their wet season. Cathay has 4 flights a day, 2 of which depart during inhospitable times. Fearing nasty traffic that this city is so famous for, the 4pm flight would be late in case I'm on the road for 3 hours into the city. Unfortunately, that means only the 9:20 am flight is left, and an early Sunday wake-up call.

There was a good variety of Cathay liveries on this sunny spotting morning, from the old one that is gradually going away to the specially-coloured jet and the A350.

Today, I would be riding the old livery 777 with a full Economy class. An insider had told me there was a possibility to upgrade, but Premium Economy didn't have window seats left this morning.

We departed on-time for the 4+ hour flight. I managed to stay awake to photograph the take-off, but by now, the skies have gotten grey.

That sad Orient Thai 747 remains trapped in Hong Kong for almost a year now.

I chose the Western breakfast, which was normal with the predictable egg, sausage, and beans. The yoghurt was really tasty.

Several hours into the flight, I eagerly awaited the Equatorial crossing. Outside, it was still cloudy but the ocean is just beneath us.

The cabin was fairly quiet and there wasn't much going on as we began our uneventful descent. There was a bit of light rain in the area and it was only just past lunch time thanks to an hour time difference in my favour.

As we broke through the clouds, a lush green landscape emerged then a busy harbour with plenty of ships.

Jakarta is a big city, but it is not a very dense city. There are many skyscrapers but they are quite scattered around and don't form a linear skyline like the clusters in Makati or KL.

The old terminal is nothing to write about. There was a long immigration line but it moved steadily and the wait wasn't too bad. Luggage took slightly longer to come out and the full cabin packed around the small collection area. Lucky my bag still had the priority tag from my prior Business Class flight.

My appetite returned after a rather care-free drive from the airport. The notorious traffic was on a break today, and the taxi arrived at my SCBD hotel within 40 minutes. First up is a late lunch of delicious satay and laksa!

Next stop - MONAS. Had the weather been better, I would have paid to go up for the view. As the rainy season persisted, I opted instead to browse around the food section of a flea market in the park.

20,000 rupiah is only about USD $1.50.

My 2 biggest concerns about Jakarta are traffic and terrorism. I can't stop terrorism but I can avoid traffic by taking the Transjarkata public transport system. The buses on this street run on their dedicated lanes. Stations show exactly where your next buses are and are shielded from the elements.

By late afternoon, I wanted to try my luck for the sunset. Today would not be my day I suppose.

Full flight report : http://www.globalphotos.org/hkg-cgk.htm
My Jakarta photo gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/jakarta.htm

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 15:28