hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (B) Bus 巴士討論區 外地巴士討論 (B5) [UK] Manchester Magic Bus 三軸利蘭
開啟左側

[UK] Manchester Magic Bus 三軸利蘭

[複製鏈接]
AL57_EY4088 發表於 2006-4-4 23:27 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

Taking advantage of the 4 for 2 train tickets offer in middle England, I travelled to Manchester yesterday to get some shoppings. It had been a while ago since I last came here, so I didn't notice that there are ex-3BLs in this city - it was completely astonishing but warming to see them in a cold foreign country. Picture taking places are quite limited at Picaddilly Gardens, but I managed to take a few pictures of 2 ex-3BLs on route 216.

Other than these, I saw some ES-like Dennis Dragons/Condors on 86, 142 and 143, but I was unable to determine their identities. I heard that the fleet of ES dragons in KMB are complete without any of them sold; but there are so numerous of them here that I believe they are not DMs - especially they sound like using Cummins engines. Could somebody kindly reveal their true origins to me please?

Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks sincerely in advance!
smal 發表於 2006-4-4 23:40 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 AL57_EY4088 於 2006-4-4 23:27 發表
Taking advantage of the 4 for 2 train tickets offer in middle England, I travelled to Manchester yesterday to get some shoppings. It had been a while ago since I last came here, so I didn't notice  ...

i presume you are not a regular in this board.  comments as follow;

4 for 2 train tickets??
Did u get to Man in a group of 4??  I'd rather get the advance ticket to be honest.

a cold foreign country???
yes it is if you're coming from Hong Kong.

Picture taking places are quite limited at Picaddilly Gardens????
i'd conserve my comments on this.

I saw some ES-like Dennis Dragons/Condors on 86, 142 and 143, but I was unable to determine their identities. I heard that the fleet of ES dragons in KMB are complete without any of them sold. [snip.]

As I always encourage others to do.  Do read this board or read the internet in a regular base.  It does enhance your knowledge, not only on buses.  Those ES-like Dragons are former Stagecoach Kenya and Malawi units.  You can tell the difference by the number blinds of both batches.

Anyway, very nice pics u got there

regards
老二做PR, GER 走晒, Inevitable
ksmbh 發表於 2006-4-4 23:50 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 AL57_EY4088 於 2006-4-4 23:27 發表
Taking advantage of the 4 for 2 train tickets offer in middle England, I travelled to Manchester yesterday to get some shoppings. It had been a while ago since I last came here, so I didn't notice  ...

Nice photos
Does 216 operate by ex-3BL with Low Floor Double deckers
and charging the same rate?
 樓主| AL57_EY4088 發表於 2006-4-5 00:59 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 smal 於 2006-4-4 23:40 發表

i presume you are not a regular in this board.  comments as follow;

4 for 2 train tickets??
Did u get to Man in a group of 4??  I'd rather get the advance ticket to be honest.

a cold ...

I hereby express my sincere gratitude for the generous comment from boardmate smal.

Thank you very much for suggesting me to use an advance ticket. However unfortunately I regret to tell that my friends and I are all having busy university lives that we cannot afford the time to plan for holidays in the future. It is almost impossible for us to agree on a day on which we are all free to have a trip next week, not to mention setting a day weeks before the holiday begins. I understand that tickets booked-in-advance might be cheaper, but in our case we would probably waste the tickets in the end. Now for 3 pounds something each we can get from Nottingham to Manchester, and we are quite satisfied already.

To the best of my poor geography knowledge, United Kingdom is a country which is North of Hong Kong in atitude. If my terrible memory serves me right, the norther the country, the generally colder it is. As a person born in Hong Kong and lived there until last year, I can see no problem saying that UK is a "cold foreign country" to me. I am extremely afraid to guess any extra meaning behind your sentence "yes it is if you're coming from Hong Kong", my friend, and I hope that it is completely neutral.

About the picture taking places in Piccadilly Gardens, I regret to tell that limited by my insufficient and novice phototaking skills I cannot find as much locations as others do. The bus station at Piccadilly Gardens is quite small and there are buildings around, that there aren't any locations which a 80mm lens (35mm eqv) can favour. I did searched around, but all I can find are weird and unreliable angles, sometimes backlight, sometimes "pyramid" and sometimes blocked by vehicles which I personally dislike.

Here is an example of where my favoured locations are situated:

...but definitely not a place for photographing 3BLs though.

I admit that I am not quite familiar with the city of Manchester and I would welcome any suggestions of how a good picture can be taken. I am eagar and humble to learn, and I thank all those who can kindly contribute time on teaching me phototaking locations in Manchester.

Last but not least, I would like to say thank you to smal for providing ways to enhance my poor knowledge. I am very glad to know that those units are from Kenya and Malawi, and I feel completely satisfied with the feeling of knowledge gain. Most unfortunately I do not major in "Bus Enthusiasm" in university, and I would not have much time to come here to learn more about each multiple human-carrying vehicle in the entire world. I thank smal again for your kind consideration and provide me with the knowledge I ought to know a long time ago, and I hope I can free time from my hell stressing courseworks to gain knowledge which I need to know for a fruitful life.

Thank you very much again for reading my long post.

best regards,
AL57 EY4088
smal 發表於 2006-4-5 02:00 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 AL57_EY4088 於 2006-4-5 00:59 發表
I hereby express my sincere gratitude for the generous comment from boardmate smal.

You're welcome mate.

Thank you very much for suggesting me to use an advance ticket. [snip]
Now for 3 pounds something each we can get from Nottingham to Manchester, and we are quite satisfied already.

So there you go. As I said, it does turn out cheaper if you a company to go with you.

To the best of my poor geography knowledge, United Kingdom is a country which is North of Hong Kong in atitude. If my terrible memory serves me right, the norther the country, the generally colder it is.

Not quite true.  The same applies to the Southern Hemisphere. Judging from the passage which you have written, it does sounded like a piece from a Chinese.  Since there has not been any information about yourself, in order to identify your origin there are questions needed to be asked in order to know you better and I hope nobody finds any of my comments as offensive contents.

[/quote]
About the picture taking places in Piccadilly Gardens, I regret to tell that limited by my insufficient and novice phototaking skills I cannot find as much locations as others do. The bus station at Piccadilly Gardens is quite small and there are buildings around, that there aren't any locations which a 80mm lens (35mm eqv) can favour. I did searched around, but all I can find are weird and unreliable angles, sometimes backlight, sometimes "pyramid" and sometimes blocked by vehicles which I personally dislike. I admit that I am not quite familiar with the city of Manchester and I would welcome any suggestions of how a good picture can be taken. I am eagar and humble to learn,
[/quote]

As I always says to other boardmates in b5; is there really a standard for snapping?  What is the standard??  You did mentioned the word pyramid which I do not have a clude about.  If you wont mind sparing a tiny bit of your busy life to introduce us the standard of bus photographing, it would be great for all of us boardmates in b5.  I'm sure we're all eager and humble to learn too.  

and I thank all those who can kindly contribute time on teaching me phototaking locations in Manchester.

I'm pretty sure you can drag yourself out from your busy life for 5 minutes just to simply look at multimap.comto get some general ideas about the street layouts in town.  In relation to the topic, to get a decent picture of those ex-KMB 3BLs I woud suggest Oldham Street or Lever Street on top of back Picadilly which were illustrated in your post.

Last but not least, I would like to say thank you to smal for providing ways to enhance my poor knowledge. I am very glad to know that those units are from Kenya and Malawi, and I feel completely satisfied with the feeling of knowledge gain.

It is a pleasure that you find my 2 cents being useful to you.  As a forum, we do share information and this is the beauty of a forum;  To share information and to learn.   I'm sure as a uni student yourself,  there're alot more for you to learn on top of your reading list.

Most unfortunately I do not major in "Bus Enthusiasm" in university, and I would not have much time to come here to learn more about each multiple human-carrying vehicle in the entire world.

I hope you are not offending some boardmates by saying this. Especially this board B5 is about sharing information of "multiple human-carrying vehicle" around the planet.  Anyhow, it is enjoyable to share information with you here.  I do not major in "Bus Enthusiasm" in university either, on top of that I had a part-time job, bills to pay and a younger sister to look after while I was doing my MA.  I am sure each of us individuals, particularly during our first year in uni, do have Time Management Skills to learn and I hope all of us are making a good use of what was taught inside and outside uni

Lastly, I would like to apologies for the off topic.  Again, if any of the individuals find my comments offensive, I am open to anyone to discuss any of the issues off-group.

regards,
lams

PS I'd rather use my true identity than a fleet number in the forum.

best regards,
AL57 EY4088  
blueblue 發表於 2006-4-5 02:02 | 顯示全部樓層
actually what engines do ex-3BL use? I think their former G 6LXCT engine could not pass the UK emission standard.
smal 發表於 2006-4-5 02:08 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 ksmbh 於 2006-4-4 23:50 發表

Does 216 operate by ex-3BL with Low Floor Double deckers
and charging the same rate?

Keith,

216 does operated by ex-3BL of Magic Bus while some 55-reg Tridents off Stagecoach Manchester are allocated to the route.

AFAIK, the Magic bus day pass is 2pound? while the stagecoach day pass was 3.50 when I got it last time.  Note that all stagecoach buses in Manchester accept the NW Exploer ticket.

More info at http://www.gmpte.com/content.cfm?subcategory_id=1760378
smal 發表於 2006-4-5 02:09 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 blueblue 於 2006-4-5 02:02 發表
actually what engines do ex-3BL use? I think their former G 6LXCT engine could not pass the UK emission standard.

The European Emmision Code only applies to all the capitals in Europe.  It does not apply in Manchester.
blueblue 發表於 2006-4-5 15:06 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 smal 於 2006-4-5 02:09 發表

The European Emmision Code only applies to all the capitals in Europe.  It does not apply in Manchester.

that means if the bus serves London--the capital city, it needs to replace its engine like the S3BLs of Big Bus?

also, the MCW ML and DL in London has their engines replaced?
art0925 發表於 2006-4-5 15:36 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

Yes, I believe it was replaced with Cummins ISMs

原帖由 blueblue 於 2006-4-5 15:06 發表

that means if the bus serves London--the capital city, it needs to replace its engine like the S3BLs of Big Bus?

also, the MCW ML and DL in London has their engines replaced?
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 04:25