hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (C) Transport 交通討論區 航空(C2) [Flight Report] Hong Kong Express Charter to Dunhuan ...
開啟左側

[飛行報告] [Flight Report] Hong Kong Express Charter to Dunhuang

[複製鏈接]
hkskyline 發表於 2018-6-24 23:44 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

October is a great time to travel in north Asia. The temperatures have fallen, the sun is out, and threat of typhoons drops off dramatically. My friends have gone exotic lately, heading to the likes of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan to see the Silk Road. I opted for a more conservative option - China's Silk Road in Gansu and Xinjiang. The 8-day trip would just scratch the surface as I wouldn't deep dive into the really beautiful parts of Xinjiang. That would deserve another trip.

Getting there used to be a pain involving a transfer in Beijing or Shanghai, and possibly getting stuck due to persistent delays and air traffic flow controls. Recently, Hong Kong Express began chartered flights to Dunhuang in Gansu. It is not available for purchase by DIY tourists, so I joined a package tour to make this whole journey relatively hassle-free.

There were dedicated counters at Terminal 2 for group passengers, which was quite crowded but the lines moved steadily.

Today's flight would depart from the new satellite concourse, where I spotted Hong Kong Airlines' new A350.

We ended up boarding by bus, and it was a full flight occupied by 4 travel agencies.

The flight time was announced at about 5 hours. That surprised many passengers. I did some research beforehand on this. While Dunhuang is about the same distance away as Nagoya, our flight path would not be a direct line, but go north to almost Beijing, then veer west to Dunhuang. Being stuck for so long in a cramped seat was not very appetizing. My knees were already touching the seat in front of me.

My travel agency included 20kg of checked baggage and a meal for the flight. The crew were busy checking the passenger lists to make sure they distribute the Evian water and the pork chop rice to the correct people. The rice was not too big and did not taste too nice. Low-cost carriers I suppose.

I heard later that one of the groups did not provide the free meal, hence the paperwork.

While flight deck announced light to moderate turbulence, the first half of the journey northwards was relatively smooth. The clouds rolled in beneath us as we headed west towards Gansu, and the seat belt sign came on and off for quite some time during the last stretches. I had thought this part of China is dry and sunny at this time of year, but all this cleared on final approach as we were met by a beautiful sun on landing.

A bit bored with no IFE and a long flight time, I scanned around the literature for some inspiration.

Now is a great time to see fall colours in Japan and Korea.

Wish they had some local Hong Kong snacks for purchase on board.

The airline's fleet is simple with only a few types of narrowbody planes. The destination list was not up-to-date as today's Dunhuang charter flight is not included. The crew also announced we could claim Reward U miles after the fact but a subsequent email discussion with customer service confirmed charter flights are not eligible to earn any mileage.

Dunhuang is a small town surrounded by the desert. The domestic terminal is new and looks quite nice, but our international flight would park at a small building far from it. When the staircase was attached and the doors opened, they had to slowly let small groups of passengers into the terminal as there wasn't enough space for everyone to line up for the 2 immigration counters.

During the long wait to disembark, I took a few more photos of the cramped seats where my knee would touch the seat ahead of me.

There are no baggage carousels here. The luggage would come in through the side door and get deposited in front of the check-in counters. Then head to the X-ray, and out the door to the buses. Unfortunately, my luggage did not make it to Dunhuang, and I later overheard the guide say 50 luggages were not loaded. For a full flight of about 180 passengers, that is almost 1 in 3. Ain't that great. There was an airport staff with the forms already with a big crowd surrounding him. He asked where I would be for the next 2 days and marked something down on the property irregularity report. I was reassured we would stop at the night market that evening to do some shopping as it was expected to get quite cold. My winter gear were all in my large suitcase. Getting to the Silk Road has gotten a lot easier with this chartered flight, but not having my luggage arrive with me was a great hassle, and eventually I got it back on day 3. It went a long way - through Kunming and Lanzhou, since this charter only flies once a week.

More photos from the flight on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/uo-dunhuang.htm

whyloveislove 發表於 2018-6-25 01:21 | 顯示全部樓層
How long ago was this flight report from? As I know UO's HKG - DNH charter has been long cancelled, as some of the flights were ops with only <10 pax.
darrelclever 發表於 2018-6-25 09:10 | 顯示全部樓層
whyloveislove 發表於 2018-6-25 01:21
How long ago was this flight report from? As I know UO's HKG - DNH charter has been long cancelled,  ...

Are you sure?I don’t know much about it, but I am still able to find UO2992’s information on HKIA’s website.
rickywk 發表於 2018-6-25 11:17 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

我用flightradar24睇返flight path,真係唔明白佢點解唔經成都飛上去。

深圳直航新疆烏魯木齊都只係5個鐘左右,佢就係經成都,之後西寧咁樣穿上去。
 樓主| hkskyline 發表於 2018-6-25 11:48 | 顯示全部樓層
whyloveislove 發表於 2018-6-25 01:21
How long ago was this flight report from? As I know UO's HKG - DNH charter has been long cancelled,  ...

This is a seasonal flight and they don't fly the charter during the winter low season. I flew on Oct 9, 2017.
053h4 發表於 2018-6-25 12:20 | 顯示全部樓層
其實我覺得佢原本係想經停北京先再去敦煌,不過首都機場要疏解航班唔批佢落
簽名被屏蔽
rickywk 發表於 2018-6-25 13:00 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

053h4 發表於 2018-6-25 12:20
其實我覺得佢原本係想經停北京先再去敦煌,不過首都機場要疏解航班唔批佢落 ...

唔關PEK事,佢今年都有飛,大致上走線係武漢,鄭州,大原,銀川,連石家莊都無經,咁o既flight route坐滿180個pax的話,唔減載行李都幾難

UO2992 flight log (fr flightradar24)
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.57.44.png

HU7744 SZC -> URC flightlog (fr flightradar24)
Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.58.38.png

bam1a 發表於 2018-6-25 21:30 | 顯示全部樓層
rickywk 發表於 2018-6-25 13:00
唔關PEK事,佢今年都有飛,大致上走線係武漢,鄭州,大原,銀川,連石家莊都無經,咁o既flight route坐滿 ...

咁睇好似要避西藏高原或者太長嘅ETOPS???

rickywk 發表於 2018-6-26 08:25 | 顯示全部樓層
bam1a 發表於 2018-6-25 21:30
咁睇好似要避西藏高原或者太長嘅ETOPS???

睇返HU7744 flight path,佢其實都唔會飛過西藏高原,佢係經四川北部、蘭州,之後就左轉向新疆飛,呢條flightpath亦係香港去歐洲常用航線之一。

真正高山我只會話四川北部果堆,但比係四川西部真係唔算高了

danielkwong 發表於 2018-6-27 19:19 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

據說系外籍機師可以飛的航路比國內機師可以飛的航路要少得多。
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網