hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (C) Transport 交通討論區 航空(C2) [Flight Report] CX405 Taipei - Hong Kong
開啟左側

[Flight Report] CX405 Taipei - Hong Kong

[複製鏈接]
hkskyline 發表於 2019-2-1 20:28 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

Hong Kong - Taipei is one of the busiest air corridors in the world. The Cathay group flies over 15 flights on a typical day almost entirely on widebodies.

Taipei is an under-rated city overshadowed by powerful neighbours. This is starting to change as visitors find great value for money and an interesting food scene, and without the crowds.

Departing mid-afternoon and avoiding early rush hour traffic, it only took about 40 minutes to get from Xinyi District to the airport. There was a short line at the Cathay counters to drop off my bags, and then I had almost 2 hours to roam around in a relaxing way around the airport.

Unlike my arrival, departing from Taoyuan was far more pleasant. The security check didn't take long, and all foreigners could use the automated kiosk that scans your passport and verifies your fingerprints in order to exit Taiwan. There were no lines for the many kiosks either. Hope they can bring this automation to the other side when entering Taiwan ...

Air-side, the renovated Terminal 1 remains well-kept, even the plant walls that line the hallways. If you are in dire need to juice up your mobile, use these boxes just outside the first set of duty free shops after immigration.

The retail selection here has gotten more plentiful and seemingly more upscale.

Terminal 1's structure is a bit odd, with the departure lounges located downstairs, so plane spotting becomes a tiring affair going up and down the stairs at each gate. It probably also costs a lot of money to equip each gate with an elevator for wheelchair accessibility.

Relations with China have soured since the Taiwanese elected a separatist party to power in the last election, so they are trying to entice more Southeast Asian tourists to come to make up for the drastic drop in mainland tourists. This "Go South" policy may explain the Halal menu.

Terminals 1 and 2 are physically connected, with 2 being newer. The gates over there are also more tastefully decorated with a different theme each.

I missed EVA's new Dreamliner in Hong Kong a few days earlier, but it was parked at the gate for as long as I wanted in Taipei today.

Despite the airport's changes, the Hello Kitty store in Terminal 2 remains.

Plane spotting is getting more decent here with special livery jets and more low-cost carriers.

I quite liked some of the artwork and museum pieces scattered around the various gates.

I recall visiting the postal museum in town many years ago. They brought some of the exhibits to the airport as well.

EVA's premium lounges sit upstairs above the busy shops and corridors. This airline is upgrading its hard product to give Cathay a strong nudge.

Satisifed with my long walk, I was soon out of time and needed to head back to my departure gate B4. A long and orderly line snaked from the entry anticipating boarding at the boarding pass time. Well, it didn't happen. Staff kept to the procedure announcing the different stages and directing passengers to the gate. They even asked for Marco Polo Green passengers to board before the general public was allowed in.

Despite the late boarding, we ended up pushing back just 2 minutes behind schedule. By now, it was too dark to photograph the coast and Taipei as we took off towards the north and made a 180-degree turn.

Disappointed with the meal on the inbound although this is more a First World problem, it was proper dinner time on this flight so I got the rice that I was longing for. There was still no drink cart service but a small bottle of water was included on the tray.

Cathay does a good job including Hong Kong content in its IFE. This includes the aviation series it sponsored some 10 years ago, with all episodes available to keep even the long-haul passenger sleepless. They didn't stock up part 2, which was sponsored by a rival mainland-backed airline.

The flight passed by quickly and the captain announced a 12 minute delay due to air traffic control. We made a big loop just east of Hong Kong before continuing a bumpy descent. The weather didn't seem too bad in the city but it was certainly very choppy up here.

Many Taiwanese use Hong Kong as a connecting point not just for China, but also points beyond such as Europe. Transfer information appeared on the IFE as we descended, and for us arriving passengers, the gate number and baggage carousel were already known also.

Despite the holding delay, we ended up arriving right on the dot at 7:45pm. My priority-tagged bag was out already when I reached the carousel after a long walk and train ride from the suburban gates. The efficiency I enjoyed in the early years after HKIA opened are back.

The full flight report : https://www.globalphotos.org/cx405.htm
More Taipei photos : https://www.globalphotos.org/taipei.htm

英雄 發表於 2019-2-1 20:48 | 顯示全部樓層
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement