hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (B) Bus 巴士討論區 巴士攝影作品貼圖區 (B3) 太陽能板
開啟左側

[隨心一攝] 太陽能板

[複製鏈接]
eric6a01 發表於 2020-8-21 20:46 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

2020 08 21 15 17 37.jpg
3asv6 發表於 2020-8-22 03:20 | 顯示全部樓層
k_e6x76_1_1.jpg
k_e6x42_2_1.jpg

未影:V6B: 7架, 55XX: 2架, 15XX 5架
JethroGibbs 發表於 2020-8-22 05:16 | 顯示全部樓層
Is KMB still planning on install solar panels on their new buses these days?
chopio 發表於 2020-8-23 01:53 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

JethroGibbs 發表於 2020-8-22 05:16
Is KMB still planning on install solar panels on their new buses these days?

The installation trail has suspended.
JethroGibbs 發表於 2020-8-23 02:38 | 顯示全部樓層
chopio 發表於 2020-8-23 01:53
The installation trail has suspended.

Any particular reasons why it got suspended?  IMHO, I think it was a great way to ventilate the interior while the bus is shut off; what a pity!
RH7685 發表於 2020-8-23 05:00 來自手機 | 顯示全部樓層
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
PV4394 發表於 2020-8-23 06:00 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

JethroGibbs 發表於 2020-8-23 02:38
Any particular reasons why it got suspended?  IMHO, I think it was a great way to ventilate the in ...

There are some reasons I have gathered on this discussion and my views why they have suspended installing these panels on top of the buses,

[My Opinion]I would say it is something to do with the financial problem during the pandemic when bus companies are struggling to reach a breakeven.
I won't say it is just KMB but all companies doing road passenger servicesin HK are struggling right now, it may suggest why there are no more buses with solar panels installed at the moment. There might be no money to be spent on extra applicances like solar panels.
Solar panels may be the necessity to reduce spendings on fuel but when KMB is in survival mode to keep services running, would they risk investing money which may cause a problem on the company's cash-flow in the short term?

[Fact]Also there are problems with weights when it is tested with products under evaluation/trial(like air-con)
There are news in this discussion board that E6X90 (Enviro500 MMC FL 12.8M Euro6) which have both Thermo King Air-Con system and solar panels installed, were too heavy, and failed to meet the standard during the tilting test. The solar panels were removed and have gone for a tilting test again but results have not been mentioned in this discussion board.
This is the reason why E6X90 haven't got registered yet for revenue service.
Evidence: https://www.hkitalk.net/HKiTalk2/thread-1175764-2-1.html

Based on that, I am curious of one thing:
Is the buses from E6X91 onwards and E6Ms installed Thermo King air-cons or they are Denso as always when KMB buys new buses?

I hope it will answer your question
Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Let's understand the Transport industry.
JethroGibbs 發表於 2020-8-23 06:34 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 JethroGibbs 於 2020-8-23 06:38 編輯
PV4394 發表於 2020-8-23 06:00
There are some reasons I have gathered on this discussion and my views why they have suspended ins ...

Your analysis is quite in depth and I can understand the financial point of view.  With Citybus and NWFB being purchased, I'm sure KMB has to watch their fundings as well as their daily operation expenses; everyone has to "trim the fat" to stay alive in the future.  COVID-19 sure does not help matters, let's all hope the pandemic will go away soon.

Regarding to Thermo King vs Denso, Denso has always been the gold standard of AC for the majority of the buses in Hong Kong (correct me if I'm wrong here); perhaps the weight from the Thermo King unit is different than Denso.  Weight is only part of the issue perhaps, we also have to consider another factor called centre of gravity.  Too much weight on top is dangerous, such high centre of gravity can easily tip the bus over.  The solar panels on the highest point/surface of the bus create a higher centre of gravity, I suppose it will increase the instability of the vehicle when it makes sharp turn thus increase the chance of a tip over.

Thank you for your notes, I do sincerely appreciate your thoughts.  Cheers mate!
JethroGibbs 發表於 2020-8-23 06:41 | 顯示全部樓層
RH7685 發表於 2020-8-23 05:00
I think the bus will be overweight.

I believe you are correct.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網