hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (A) Life 生活討論區 其他討論題目 (N) 英國政府似乎想將 BNO 重開綠燈 ?
開啟左側

英國政府似乎想將 BNO 重開綠燈 ?

[複製鏈接]
johnnybus 發表於 2008-3-14 00:47 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

今似英國政府的移民政策文件有提及 BNO , 其中以下內容:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/docs/citizenship-report-full.pdf

12. From discussions that I have had in Hong Kong, it is clear to me that the demand for BN(O) status is dropping. Nonetheless to remove this status without putting something significant in its place would be seen as the British reneging on their promise to the people of Hong Kong. The only option which would be characterized as fair would be to offer existing BN(O) holders the right to gain full British citizenship. It is likely that many would not take this up as the prospects economic and fiscal of moving to the UK are not favourable to those well-established in Hong Kong. However, I am advised that this would be a breach of the commitments made between China and the UK in the 1984 Joint Declaration on the future of Hong Kong, an international treaty between the two countries; and that to secure Chinese agreement to vary the terms of that treaty would not be possible. On that basis, I see no alternative but to preserve this one anomalous category of citizenship.

Recent changes to British citizenship

19. The aim behind the 1981 Act was to create a system which was “both satisfactory and lasting” on the basis that over time the only categories which would be left would be British Citizenship and British Dependent Territories citizenship. Three major further developments, however, occurred.

20. First, the arrangements for the transfer of the sovereignty of Hong Kong in 1997 involved detailed consideration of the citizenship status of the population and particularly the ethnic Chinese population after the handover. These arrangements were complicated and resulted in the creation of several new bases for the voluntary acquisition of British citizenship and the creation of a new and sixth form of British nationality – that of British National (Overseas). BN(O) status carried with it the right, recognized by the mainland China to use BN(O) travel documents.

21. It was a matter of political controversy at the time that Hong Kong citizens were not simply entitled to take a full British passport. But it was a part of the arrangements with China that the UK should not grant the right to live in the UK to people who were previously British Dependent Territories Citizens by virtue of a connection to Hong Kong.

22. I have taken the opportunity to hold informal discussions whilst in Hong Kong on the present state of these issues. It is apparent that the fears which lay behind some of the debate on this topic, namely violent repression of the Hong Kong people by the authorities have, fortunately, not materialized even though there remain concerns including about human rights treatment generally in China. It also Citizenship:

2. A short history of British citizenship

appears to be the case that many Hong Kong residents are finding it easy to travel on travel documents issued to them by China. Indeed there was a time when such travel documents were more useful in some countries than the BN(O) travel document. I discuss below whether, in the circumstances it would be right to consider changing the BN(O) arrangements.

你覺得,
英國政府是否似乎想將 BNO 重開綠燈............. ?
ATE24 發表於 2008-3-14 01:07 | 顯示全部樓層
重點於此:

12. ...On that basis, I see no alternative but to preserve this one anomalous category of citizenship.
12. ……建基於此,除了保留這個不規則的公民類別外,我看不到替代品。

顯然英國政府其實仲係顧忌一旦給予全體 BN(O) 持有者英國公民權利後所引起o既政治風波同埋(可能o既)中國政府不滿。
公器公用 香港早要有品
barking 發表於 2008-3-14 16:58 | 顯示全部樓層
唔知1997年之後的來港新移民可唔可以申請BNO

英國政府應該多加考量, 始終香港已經唔係十幾年前的香港, 如果英國政府不僅慎考慮, 我也怕此舉令香港變成大陸人辦理居英証件的 "簽証跳板"
ATE24 發表於 2008-3-14 18:09 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 barking 於 2008-3-14 16:58 發表
唔知1997年之後的來港新移民可唔可以申請BNO

英國政府應該多加考量, 始終香港已經唔係十幾年前的香港, 如果英國政府不僅慎考慮, 我也怕此舉令香港變成大陸人辦理居英証件的 "簽証跳板" ...

Le 層你可以放心:唔得

BN(O) 身份只適用於

已在指定最終登記期限之前登記,即 1997 年 12 月 31 日,或;
在港英政府登記計劃中所屬年齡組別o既登記期限之前登記
o既人士。

[ 本帖最後由 ATE24 於 2008-3-14 18:17 編輯 ]
公器公用 香港早要有品
tonytsang_hk 發表於 2008-3-14 22:03 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 ATE24 於 2008-3-14 18:09 發表

Le 層你可以放心:唔得

BN(O) 身份只適用於:
已在指定最終登記期限之前登記,即 1997 年 12 月 31 日,或;
在港英政府登記計劃中所屬年齡組別o既登記期限之前登記
o既人士。 ...

我以前有bno 但過左好耐期 有無得重新申請架
DW8306 發表於 2008-3-14 23:04 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 tonytsang_hk 於 2008-3-14 22:03 發表

我以前有bno 但過左好耐期 有無得重新申請架

英國國民(海外)身份只要一經登記,就終身有效,並且不會因為持有人取得其他國籍而喪失。不過,這個身份並不能延及持有人的子女及後代,而由於所有登記程序已經於1997年截止,故現時已再沒有途徑申請此身份。
引自維基百科有關BN(O)的條目
neosan 發表於 2008-3-14 23:49 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

如果BNO持有人可以轉為BN持有人, 其實都無乜影響
英國而家都唔夠人做野, 大把黑人, 所以佢都有好處
而且, 香港有幾多人有條件去英國長住丫.. (有條件既一早移晒民喇)

不過, 轉做BN, 即係entitle埋EU status, 可以自由出入EU..
 樓主| johnnybus 發表於 2008-3-15 00:16 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 neosan 於 2008-3-14 11:49 PM 發表
如果BNO持有人可以轉為BN持有人, 其實都無乜影響
英國而家都唔夠人做野, 大把黑人, 所以佢都有好處
而且, 香港有幾多人有條件去英國長住丫.. (有條件既一早移晒民喇)

不過, 轉做BN, 即係entitle埋EU status, 可以自 ...

仲可以有埋台灣/美國免簽證
ATE24 發表於 2008-3-15 01:10 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 tonytsang_hk 於 2008-3-14 22:03 發表

我以前有bno 但過左好耐期 有無得重新申請架

唔理你現時有無持有有效 BN(O) 護照,只要你未死,你都可以去續領……
公器公用 香港早要有品