hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (B) Bus 巴士討論區 外地巴士討論 (B5) New Wright double deck body
開啟左側

New Wright double deck body

[複製鏈接]
yblumann 發表於 2005-7-24 02:54 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

Wright introduced a ventilation system on their double deck bodies; the first batch appeared as part of the order of 52 Wright bodied volvos - to replace mainly the routemasters on routes 14 &22.

The actual modified batch appears to be WVL192-211.
Note the middle windows; this appears only offside and NOT nearside.

at the rear, an extra grill appears.

regards

Yoram.
ksmbh 發表於 2005-7-24 20:48 | 顯示全部樓層
[ref=312509]yblumann[/ref]  在 2005-7-24 02:54 AM 發表:

Wright introduced a ventilation system on their double deck bodies; the first batch appeared as part of the order of 52 Wright bodied volvos - to replace mainly the routemasters on routes 14 &2 ...

How does the ventilation system work?!
Is it similar to those ventilation system
in KMB S3M,S3BL, etc?
a396 發表於 2005-7-24 23:34 | 顯示全部樓層
Someone said that the ventilation system seems
to be the air-cond. system/unit which is fixed
on the right hand side. The air-cond. machine
is also on the right over the staircase.

Click here to see more photos about this.
獨派交通迷同政治學人
 樓主| yblumann 發表於 2005-7-25 01:01 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

This is not an air conditioning system- certainly not as good as in HK! what the system does it to force air in and out of the bus, in other words, it creats air circulation on the bus. this cools the temp by a few degrees.  I have yet to see the system- on Friday only about 5 of those buses were is service.  I will report back when I travel on one of those buses!

regards,

Yoram
ksmbh 發表於 2005-7-25 01:08 | 顯示全部樓層
[ref=313641]yblumann[/ref]  在 2005-7-25 01:01 AM 發表:

This is not an air conditioning system- certainly not as good as in HK! what the system does it to force air in and out of the bus, in other words, it creats air circulation on the bus. this cools  ...

But...Why not just make the openable part of the window larger?!
 樓主| yblumann 發表於 2005-7-25 04:19 | 顯示全部樓層
good question! I have been trying to get the answer for years! the only response I got was:
'It is health and Safety issue'. I think the REAL answer is:
- it is cheaper to have no opening windows at all
- if you have opening windows, the smaller 'hoppa ' window [the UK standard] is the cheapest option.

regards

Yoram.
smal 發表於 2005-7-25 06:20 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

[ref=313641]yblumann[/ref]  在 2005-7-24 05:01 PM 發表:

This is not an air conditioning system- certainly not as good as in HK! what the system does it to force air in and out of the bus, in other words, it creats air circulation on the bus. this cools  ...

Yoram, I strongly suggest you to go out and ride on them asap.  The first batch, WVL161 - 191 is not air-conditioned indeed.  As you have described the first batch has the  'air-blower' located at the rear of the vehicle.  The 2nd batch, however, are indeed air conditioning buses which is similar to those were previously ordered by East Thames Buses.  Again, as I strongly emphasis to other boardmates in the board.  It is NOT wise to boardcast information to italk which are UNCONFIRMED.  I had 1 journey made on WVL203, one on 206, one on 210 and 2 journeys on WVL192.  What I can say is these buses (the 2nd batch) are indeed air-conditioned.  Please do not mislead boardmates by providing uncertain / unconfirmed information.

Thank you

lams
老二做PR, GER 走晒, Inevitable
NV58 發表於 2005-7-25 07:44 | 顯示全部樓層
Just to confirm the earlier post, WVL161-191 are fitted with forced air ventilation,
which is also retrofitted to earlier WVLs at the moment. WVL192-211 are fitted
with, what TfL called, "chilled air system", which, in essence, is an air-cond
technically.

Anyway, whilst they are not the first, these WVLs are the most impressive air-cond
(or chilled air if you liked to call them) double deckers I came across here. I know
the EVLs and the tri-axle B7LTs are supposed to have an air-cond, but they never
work!
Tinyl Bus Photography - FB Group
 樓主| yblumann 發表於 2005-7-25 17:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Air chilled, air conditioned or force ventilation bus:

1. none of us have seen the specification of the system installed in VWL192-211.
    LAMS speak of what he feels when he travels on the bus- this, itself, is 'speculation'. he hasn't checked the system himself.  'Speculation' is a "dangerous" word to use- please see below! I do not speculate, and certainly not in writing- what you write can be used against you later! [only a joke of course!]

2. a true air conditioning system would cool down to preset CONSTANT temp, and have a special air conditioning plants on the bus, and, externally, the bus would have non opening windows. [and I refer you to KMB NEWs of April 2005 and June 2005[about AL1] which discuss the issue of air conditioning on buses.]

3.air chilled cooling system- works by using water to produce cooler air.
The air is cooler by a couple of degrees, but the ambient temp varies according to the outside temp - and the cooling factor varies as well in according to the outside temp.

So I certainly do not accept Lams arguement that the bus is 'air conditioned'. I stongly advise him to make sure he appreciates the difference between air conditioning, air cooling and forced ventilation [fans] systems.

4. I have stated that i have not taken a ride and did not have the opportunity to examine the sytem installed in the bus. in fact, those buses came as a total surprise to bus fans in London.
In due course, this information would be come available.

Regards

Yoram
smal 發表於 2005-7-25 18:51 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

Well, I dun only write what I feel, just to let you know.

The following passage is a quote from wrightbus.com, the well-known bus bodywork manufacturer, about the delivery of the batch of 13 WVL to East Thames Buses earlier this year.

London Buses Ltd is taking delivery of 38 new vehicles from Wrightbus – 13 Eclipse Gemini double-deckers, and 25 Merit midibuses.

All are for use on Transport for London tendered services.

A range of new features has been introduced on the Eclipse Geminis, as part of TfL’s continuing drive to improve service quality.

All 13 are fitted with Pilkington Antisun green tint glazing to which has been applied Pentagon ‘light smoke’ film. This reduces solar gain, helping to cool the interior, and also provides added safety in the event of a window being broken, by preventing broken glass from falling into the saloon. An interior film is being used to reduce etching of the windows by vandals.

An anti-reflective film has been applied to the glass covering the destination display, to improve visibility in strong sunlight.

In recognition of recent hot summers, two methods of cooling the upper saloon are being evaluated on the vehicles. Three have a thermostatically-controlled air-chill system, which is linked to the standard air-conditioning system supplied for the driver’s compartment. The other ten have a forced-air ventilation system designed to draw air through the upper deck using four blowers mounted on the rear bulkhead.

Full body insulation has been fitted to reduce interior temperature in the summer while retaining heat in the winter. The Eclipse Geminis also have white rather than red roofs, as a further heat reduction measure.
老二做PR, GER 走晒, Inevitable
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 02:01