hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (A) Life 生活討論區 其他討論題目 (N) Will the Republican Party split after the Presidenti ...
開啟左側

Will the Republican Party split after the Presidential Election?

[複製鏈接]
S3BL100 發表於 2008-11-6 21:47 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

The Presidential Election is over. America is once again making history; like many others, I am overwhelmed by the fact that American has elected a black president.

Now, after the election, one thing that interests me as an outsider is: will the GOP, which has suffered bitter defeats, be split into two parties?
I am thinking of this because there are presently only two mainstream parties - the Democrats and the Republicans, and this means that if you are a right-leaning free market advocate, you probably have to support the GOP's stance against abortion and stem cell research, the latter of which is probably killing many lives; and if you are an evangelical Christian, you probably have to support its stance against environmental protection. This is evidently not healthy for a democracy, where people are supposed to be able to choose.

The 2008 Election witnesses the rise of Mrs Sarah Palin, but it seems apparent that if Mrs Palin continues to play a pivotal role within the Republican Party, it is bound to be heading for wrong directions which cause dismay to many who no longer want to see religious conservatism in the way of many important policies (which is precisely what is happening in the Islamic world), as well as to many more others in various parts of the world, and this would inevitably be disastrous. Sen. John McCain is a rare moderate who has thus far failed to win full support from the religious right. In view of this situation, will the Republican Party head even further into the right irrespective of global interests; or should it better split into parties for the sake of survival, so that you could be a social conservative while caring for the environment, or a pro-choice advocate while supporting government nonintervention of the stock market?

P.S. I feel too lazy to translate this piece, which I wrote for my blog, back into Chinese.
Pendolino 發表於 2008-11-11 10:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Nope as neither half of them can win a election unless they side with the Dems. As long as American Democracy is based on a plurality, unless there is a similar split in the Dem we can't see the GOP split.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 18:11