hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 舊文庫 生活資訊舊文庫 校園生活及上班一族 談談部份香港留學生的情況
開啟左側

談談部份香港留學生的情況

[複製鏈接]
winston 發表於 2005-10-3 17:05 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

When I’m studying at university, living in hall of residences would be better and much easier to make friends. I live in single study bedroom and share kitchen and bathroom with 4 local students. Therefore, I can live with them since move in and sometimes we may go out or have fun in the evening.

I don’t think I’m attractive but 2 local girls at college last year like me to be their boyfriends. They are quite annoying and we have different characteristics, so I refuse them just after a month.

[ Last edited by winston on 2005-10-3 at 17:15 ]
winston 發表於 2005-10-3 17:30 | 顯示全部樓層
[ref=375629]DC5[/ref]  在 2005-9-23 12:48 PM 發表:
點解唔arm key,無興趣?

Therefore, you should make it different. Otherwise, you just feel alone and nobody is take care about you.

If you don’t like to play with them, try to make friends outside such as look for a part time job then you can have different living style.

[ Last edited by winston on 2005-10-3 at 17:37 ]
J702HMY 發表於 2005-10-3 23:59 | 顯示全部樓層
COOL!Someone talk about it!
Actually,i am not really like to follow Chinese,
beacuse:
1. can't improve English
2. so annoying
3. they have got so many bad things,like:smoke etc...

so next term i going to be a day boy...
winston 發表於 2005-10-4 01:22 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

[ref=385013]J702HMY[/ref]  在 2005-10-3 11:59 PM 發表:
COOL!Someone talk about it!
Actually,i am not really like to follow Chinese,
beacuse:
1. can't improve English
2. so annoying
3. they have got so many bad things,like:smoke etc...

Smoking is very common and I can see lots of students smoking at the uni’s campus every day.
art0925 發表於 2005-10-5 02:12 | 顯示全部樓層
As most of the Colleges in the States in CAN, there are smoking area in the campus.

[ref=385076]winston[/ref]  在 2005-10-4 01:22 AM 發表:

Smoking is very common and I can see lots of students smoking at the uni’s campus every day.
Dat of Seattle
joeli16 發表於 2005-10-5 06:36 | 顯示全部樓層
以我自己黎講,
自己反而唔鐘意成日同其他香港學生一齊行動,
咁樣既話真係學唔到野,
同埋佢地好多時成日開party飲酒食煙,
連學業都拖累埋,
呢類香港學生真係諗住o係度玩過世,
我識到人因為咁搞到GPA得返0.6而被踢出境。

好多香港人一黎到就話要自己搬出去住,
我返而覺得住host(如有)可以學到好多野,
亦都識到唔少本地人。
komodo 發表於 2005-10-5 09:07 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

[ref=385917]joeli16[/ref]  在 2005-10-5 06:36 AM 發表:

以我自己黎講,
自己反而唔鐘意成日同其他香港學生一齊行動,
咁樣既話真係學唔到野,

出國留學浸鹹水,其實最值錢在語文能力和人際網絡。去到外地仍群翻香港人,真係好浪費個機會,捉到鹿都唔識脫角。
傘外的世界有一片蔚藍
art0925 發表於 2005-10-6 07:37 | 顯示全部樓層
However, due to the "way of life" of most HK students, they are not popular with host family, can u imagine a host waiting for a student till 3am, and when she yelled at the student and saying that she must be back till 12am.  The student contacted her parents and telling them that her host is racise because she won't respect her way of life, the parents acutally bought in to that and file a formal complain to the school, and to the Department of Education.

Alot of HK students are not only refrain from making friends with locals, but also refrains from living with a host.  most of the cases I've encounter are similars, they usually live with the host for the 1st month, then they will move out to live by themselves, or with HK friends.  (and most of the times, their parents support it)

Also, another trend I've notices recently in my College is that alot of internation students have cars now.  Not just cars like a honda or toyota, but a Mercedes, Audi, Mini Cooper, BMW ...about 5 years ago, the HK students that I knew from HK still took bus most of the time.

[ref=385917]joeli16[/ref]  在 2005-10-5 06:36 AM 發表:

以我自己黎講,
自己反而唔鐘意成日同其他香港學生一齊行動,
咁樣既話真係學唔到野,
同埋佢地好多時成日開party飲酒食煙,
連學業都拖累埋,
呢類香港學生真係諗住o係度玩過世,
我識到人因為咁搞到GPA得返0.6而 ...
Dat of Seattle
joeli16 發表於 2005-10-6 11:12 | 顯示全部樓層
[ref=386663]art0925[/ref]  在 2005-10-5 03:37 PM 發表:

However, due to the "way of life" of most HK students, they are not popular with host family, can u imagine a host waiting for a student till 3am, and when she yelled at the student and saying that she must be back till 12am.  The student contacted her parents and telling them that her host is racise because she won't respect her way of life, the parents acutally bought in to that and file a formal complain to the school, and to the Department of Education.

Alot of HK students are not only refrain from making friends with locals, but also refrains from living with a host.  most of the cases I've encounter are similars, they usually live with the host for the 1st month, then they will move out to live by themselves, or with HK friends.  (and most of the times, their parents support it)

Also, another trend I've notices recently in my College is that alot of internation students have cars now.  Not just cars like a honda or toyota, but a Mercedes, Audi, Mini Cooper, BMW ...about 5 years ago, the HK students that I knew from HK still took bus most of the time.

個學生自己唔理人仲要返咬人地,有冇搞錯!#]
個host family咁樣真係無辜辜。

其實我都唔明點解有機會學野都唔要,
係都要自己同返香港人一齊搬出去住。
你問佢地就實係話唔想有人管之類既說話,
自己有左損失都唔知。
我同我個host關係好到似家人咁,
之後我上大學要搬出黎住,
佢地送左一大堆傢俬電器,
我感動到差d喊出黎...
呢幾年佢地對我既付出之多,
我真係唔知點樣報答佢地好。

通常呢類買貴價車既係有錢人家,
用成萬幾二萬蚊美金買架車渣o個兩三年真係唔知為乜。
art0925 發表於 2005-10-7 02:03 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

This is a too common site in BCC or foothill in Calif. la, I know alot of ppl movied out due to similar situation.  But I cannot say that the Host are not free from wrong, this is because sometimes, as I have encounter some host, they tougth that HK student are similar to Japanese student, wake up early, sleep early and respecting their host family...I have explain tons of time that this is not sure, and I have told them to be aware about it.  But it was to my or their suprise that the host student's family actually file complain to schools and Dept. of education stating that their kid's host is acting in a racise manner (Sometimes, however, it's true, but only a small %).  Because of this, it  has already caused a few of the host parents losing their the hosting privage of internationals . (Since Western WA is a more liberial place, and the gov. really don't want to hear stuff like discrimination to international host students.)

And about buying a nice car, in these few years, there's a trend of middle-upper class family kids from HK (this includes some students that went to boarding school in UK...)studying in Seattle, especailly in Community College like BCC, the HK student in BCC are appearently more afflurent then other HK student in other colleges in the states, therefore, they have no problem living by themselves or driving nice european/ Japanese car (such as Acura TSX, IS 350, EVO, and WRX.....), and regarding on the car they drive, they usually sell them when they leave after 4 years in Seattle (UW, or other local U's) or after they obtain their AA degree (They will continue their 3rd, 4th year in private U's around California, or school like USC..). Try looking at the posting @ UW or BCC, etc...you will see alot of nice car for sale @ the classify board by these students

[ref=386716]joeli16[/ref]  在 2005-10-6 11:12 AM 發表:

個學生自己唔理人仲要返咬人地,有冇搞錯!#]
個host family咁樣真係無辜辜。

其實我都唔明點解有機會學野都唔要,
係都要自己同返香港人一齊搬出去住。
你問佢地就實係話唔想有人管之類既說話,
自己有左 ...

[ Last edited by art0925 on 2005-10-7 at 02:19 ]
Dat of Seattle
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement