hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (C) Transport 交通討論區 航空(C2) [Flight Report] 港龍孟加拉之旅 Dhaka - Hong Kong ...
開啟左側

[飛行報告] [Flight Report] 港龍孟加拉之旅 Dhaka - Hong Kong

[複製鏈接]
hkskyline 發表於 2015-11-20 19:26 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

Advertisement

The Bangladeshis are friendly people and welcome foreigners with open arms. However, due to political instability, strikes, and petro bombs going off at night, I sticked around the diplomatic quarter for my entire stay.

I expected chaotic street markets, and I got what I wanted.

It is difficult to guess the local numerical script. Luckily, the street signs are bilingual.

Rickshaws are a very common mode of transport here, and they are richly colourful to grab your attention. Sometimes, 1 puller can even handle 3 men in the same vehicle!

A political deadlock has paralyzed the country and has created a wave of violent attacks and blockades in cities. The opposition leader worked out of this office, which was surprisingly not surrounded by heavy security.

Buses are regular targets for crude petrol bombs, but life goes on and people still go about their daily routines.

Rooftops are a busy place in this city. With dry season, you can hang your clothes up there, play games, or just perch by the edge watching the city bustle.

Bangladesh is a Muslim country, but women are not covered head to toe. There is an element of liberalism, hence ads like this can survive.

Winters are actually quite cool here, with morning temperatures below 20C. Hence, riding a rickshaw or a CNG tuk-tuk is actually not too bad.

I have more photos of Dhaka's diplomatic quarter on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/dhaka.htm

After a wonderful time, although I couldn't see many tourist sights, it was time to head back to Hong Kong. Short red-eyes are quite painful, especially in Economy Class and when civil disobedience spikes at night. The drive to the airport was smooth. I suppose the residents wouldn't want to get caught up in the daily petro bomb attacks after sun-down. But the enhanced police presence along the way was a bit unnerving.

The airport was quite empty at this hour, and the immigration officers didn't seem willing to roll up to get my passport.

The airport is very basic and I walked around to photograph the barrenness and preliminary attempts to modernize. I give them credit for wanting to try.  

There were 2 stores selling these types of snacks, which have some resemblance to what I have seen in India. I recall they were really sweet. But by this late in the day, I didn't want dessert anymore.

Bangladesh is a Muslim country so alcohol is a no-no.

At one empty corner of the terminal, the mosquitoes were rife and signs of ancient history were rampant.

The old bathroom is absolutely nasty. Walk to the next one down the corridor and you emerge in a mini-paradise.

Very small parts of the terminal have been renovated and look quite nice. I wonder when will the rest get the same treatment?

Biman's planes are not easily spottable around the world, so I was quite delighted to see them parked here.

My plane had just returned from Kathmandu.

The gate's seats are located past the boarding pass check and you are trapped inside. so I waited until I was sure it would be a straight walk onto the plane. The crew greeted passengers with a mosquito racket to ensure a bite-free journey ahead.

We departed slightly earlier than schedule tonight just before 2am. The crew did a good job keeping the mosquitoes in the terminal. They had electric mosquito rackets at the door and smack! They're electrocuted. It would have been nice to spot some of these rare birds on a day-time departure. I wonder if all international flights leave late at night?

I wasn't supposed to eat so late, but it wasn't a big meal anyway. It is a short 3.5-hour flight, so I wasn't expecting much sleep tonight.  

We landed just past 7am to see Scoot's 787 departing. I can't imagine how early you need to wake up to get to the airport by taxi for your cheap flight.

Despite the red-eye timing, I was quite happy to fly on a widebody with new seats and PTVs. Dhaka's airport is quite painful to use, with the most mosquitoes I have seen in any building during my brief visit to the country. There isn't much to do but to wander around the few shops and watch TV once past immigration, so don't sweat and get to the airport so early. Put on lots of bug repellant and keep an eye on those blood-suckers. Once on board, I was far more relaxed to get as much rest as possible even though I would be sleeping at home for much of the morning after.

The whole report : http://www.globalphotos.org/ka-dhaka.htm  

cruisesnet 發表於 2015-11-21 00:26 | 顯示全部樓層
You can always go to airport by the N-bus to catch Scoot's flight, which is cheap in my opinion.

FBI2 發表於 2015-11-25 18:42 | 顯示全部樓層
終於深入見識到垃圾國家,垃圾機場

屎巴特色: 亂PLAN線,燒銀紙,趕乘客,保冗員,乞政府,屈特工
Aeon802 發表於 2015-11-25 18:54 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

建築同偉大的祖國三線城市類似
FBI2 發表於 2015-11-26 09:37 | 顯示全部樓層
Aeon802 發表於 2015-11-25 18:54
建築同偉大的祖國三線城市類似

連首都都咁差,你話呢個國家係咪垃圾?

屎巴特色: 亂PLAN線,燒銀紙,趕乘客,保冗員,乞政府,屈特工
gordon 發表於 2015-12-27 09:13 | 顯示全部樓層