hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (A) Life 生活討論區 其他討論題目 (N) [轉貼] 無能考評局捉蟲搵手機出氣
開啟左側

[轉貼] 無能考評局捉蟲搵手機出氣

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| blueblue 發表於 2006-5-10 09:08 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 art0925 於 2006-5-9 12:35 發表
I'm wondering, is grammar really that important in English in HK, as I thought understanding of the material is more important, frankly, alot of English speaking doesn't put heavy emphesis on gramm ...

In HK, the case is totally different, starting from primary education, most English teachers focus on teaching Grammer. In school exams and even HKCEE, even you give an answer which can be generally understandable but your grammer is incorrect, marks must be deducted. I appreciate US's teaching style. However, it doesn't happen in HK.
 樓主| blueblue 發表於 2006-5-10 09:16 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 fungch 於 2006-5-9 13:14 發表

英文Grammar 及Usage 正確與否, 同網頁有無權威... 應該唔關事架喎
考評局出題果陣, 都會check 清楚無grammer 錯先出街ga la~

我唔明點解你係都要話係出版媒體, 教育有關或者權威先設得題喎
如果d 英文用得岩, quote 人地既xanga 又有咩問題~?

同埋... 而家考英文能力, 如果下下用d 好官方既英文
咁就考唔到學生應對生活英語~
到時學生只係識睇報紙英文, 而其他人既英文就唔識睇  

As I mentioned in previous thread, English teachers in HK focus on Grammer more. Also, marks will be deducted if the Grammer of your answer is incorrect in HKCEE, HKALE and other school internal exams.

Besides, if the candidates work in professional fields in the future, they must show their ability in drafting a letter with correct Grammer. So grammer is more important in WRITTEN English. Therefore in public exam, they should quote passages from the press and authorised institutions.

The "Daily-Life" English you mentioned can be tested in HKCEE English Oral Exam. I think grammatical mistakes in ORAL English is acceptable.
art0925 發表於 2006-5-11 16:42 | 顯示全部樓層
That's why I can never understand how student can understand sentence structure but never understand the meaning of the material, i guess I can put it this way, US english class, since elementary school= learning how to speak English, middle school= some fundermental grammar, but more focus on young adult fictions (sort of like American lit.) High School= Traditional American/ English lit. (all 4 years).  That is why I read most of Shakesphere's work before Senior, and also, some other stuff like Catcher and the Rye and the Great Gastby.  But I still like the Dante inferno...

BTW: an HK student today was yelled by a professor at my class today because he said that the grammer of the professor is wrong....(the professor said: " So what, no one's grammer is perfect", but the student told him that if your grammar is not perfect....you should teach english writing wor (business writing class...).  Apparently, that's what his HK teacher said wor!!!, and last I heard that he was withdrawn from the class.

原帖由 blueblue 於 2006-5-10 09:16 發表

As I mentioned in previous thread, English teachers in HK focus on Grammer more. Also, marks will be deducted if the Grammer of your answer is incorrect in HKCEE, HKALE and other school interna ...
art0925 發表於 2006-5-11 16:51 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

BTW, in the professional field in HK you mension at your post, is there any editor(s) that smoothern the gramatical errors of memos/ or documents.  I know in my office, there's one person who does that for press release, but not for other stuff, including letters to customer...and frankly, no one in US really cares if you have bad grammar or not...as people always joke around "English majors are the one that get stuck on the grammar stuff, the rest of us, we rather get the stuff done and out of the office by 5pm".  However, I do think I should get some training on grammar, but too bad, there are no such courses in US for us locals...as we are prohibite to join ESL programs if we came before 10th grade....

原帖由 blueblue 於 2006-5-10 09:16 發表

As I mentioned in previous thread, English teachers in HK focus on Grammer more. Also, marks will be deducted if the Grammer of your answer is incorrect in HKCEE, HKALE and other school interna ...
dongfeng 發表於 2006-5-11 22:33 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 3av188 於 2006-5-9 22:01 發表
至於「手機號碼登記人」,要查,難!
很多未夠十八歲的考生,手機號碼均是家人的,要如何查證?

還有預付電話卡,買方無須向賣方登記資料,根本是非常難查買預付電話卡的身份。
에이핑크 대박!
edhong 發表於 2006-5-12 01:20 | 顯示全部樓層
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
edhong 發表於 2006-5-12 01:28 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
art0925 發表於 2006-5-12 03:51 | 顯示全部樓層
Same too, just like we American sometimes use slang that some other doesn't understand.

原帖由 edhong 於 2006-5-12 01:20 發表

I am working in US companies near 6 year and write English emails each day. Most of them don't mind my poor grammer / english. of course they still understand what am I wanted to say.

Mostly ...
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

站規|清理本站Cookies|hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 00:56