hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網

找回密碼
 會員申請加入

(B0)香港巴士車務及車廂設備 (B1)香港巴士廣告消息/廣告車行踪 (B2)香港巴士討論 [熱門] [精華] (B3)巴士攝影作品貼圖區 [熱門] [精華] (B3i)即拍即貼 -手機相&翻拍Mon相 (B4)兩岸三地巴士討論 [精華] (B5)外地巴士討論 [精華]

Advertisement

(B6)旅遊巴士及過境巴士 [精華] (B7)巴士特別所見 (B11)巴士精華區 (B22)巴士迷吹水區   (V)私家車,商用車,政府及特種車輛 [精華]
(A6)相片及短片分享/攝影技術 (A10)香港地方討論 [精華] (A11)消費著數及飲食資訊 (A16)建築物機電裝置及設備 (A19)問路專區 (N)其他討論題目  
(F1)交通路線建議 (C2)航空 [精華] (C3)海上交通及船隻 [精華] (D1)公共交通有關商品 [精華]   (Y)hkitalk.net會員福利部 (Z)站務資源中心
(R1)香港鐵路 [精華] (R2)香港電車 [精華] (R3)港外鐵路 [精華]   (O1)omsi討論區 (O2)omsi下載區 (O3)omsi教學及求助區
(M1)小型巴士綜合討論 (M2)小型巴士多媒體分享區 (M3)香港小型巴士字軌表        

Advertisement

hkitalk.net 香港交通資訊網»論壇 (A) Life 生活討論區 其他討論題目 (N) 多倫多:邁向高密度的優質生活
開啟左側

多倫多:邁向高密度的優質生活

[複製鏈接]
art0925 發表於 2006-8-8 05:01 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

haha, bus, I wish I can see them, we have gei, there are 2 routes at our country side, but only operate from 9am to 6pm, and uses 12 seaters lei...and in King country (the most populated county in the puget sound region, with 2 million people) bus service still not that great, therefore, other then Down Town, most people drives, and commuter train...that idea never catch on, just too Californian, that;s why the commuter train running throught north/ south of the 3 county only have 4 train per day.

原帖由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-7 20:57 發表
May be American lifestyle is different from Australian,
especially I am in Melbourne where it can be as busy as Hong Kong.

Our life has no big difference from Hong Kong.
Running for crowded tr ...
art0925 發表於 2006-8-8 05:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Well, have you guys tried to accustom to the Australian culture, this is important for living aboard.  Alot of newer generation HK internation student never think of this issue, and creat alot of tension with host families, and because of parents too caring about them, they actually against the host family together with their kids....I think alot of older generation (80's 90's once) understand the oppertunity and experience they gain from living aboard and learn alot.

原帖由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-7 20:57 發表
May be American lifestyle is different from Australian,
especially I am in Melbourne where it can be as busy as Hong Kong.

Our life has no big difference from Hong Kong.
Running for crowded tr ...
 樓主| hk_ayu 發表於 2006-8-8 07:13 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 art0925 於 2006-8-8 04:57 發表
and talking about Hygene, the worst is not the White dude, is the Chinese, and most of the time, the kind of people that I see spliting or throwing trash on the floor and doesn't flush toilet are either Chinese from China, or from HK....

However, SPRAW I thouhgt in American terms it means only in the urban area wor, I live at the country side that at least 45 min. away from Bellevue (5th largest city in WA), where I live is actually a farming community bor...

I never see a Hong Kong guys here does that but the local...a lot
All Australians use saliva to read books/papers
They don't wash their hands
don't rinse the dishes after immersing in soap

SPRAWL refers to the unlimited low-density suburban growth
It's one of the main contributer to the global environmental crisis
Theoretically, all humans living in high-density gives the smallest harms to the earth

That's why some cities like Toronto starts to get back to the right track by promoting high-density living.
 樓主| hk_ayu 發表於 2006-8-8 07:25 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 art0925 於 2006-8-8 05:04 發表
Well, have you guys tried to accustom to the Australian culture, this is important for living aboard.  Alot of newer generation HK internation student never think of this issue, and creat alot of t ...

For HK guys who were born in the late 80s and so on,
they are quite proud of HK and less willing to change their HK lifestyle.
I think majority of them dislike the way Australians live.
They see Australia just a place to further their studies
and will probably go back HK after graduate.

But for bigger guys from 70s or early 80s,
more of them see western as heaven and wish to be part of the western society

This is just my observation

[ 本帖最後由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-8 07:30 編輯 ]
art0925 發表於 2006-8-8 17:26 | 顯示全部樓層
Icic, thx for the clairfication of SPRAWL, however, I think Puget sound area have too much space to build on, therefore, they have to make houses with low density, however, we have CAO (a land control measure that prohibit 60% of property land outside of urban, country side to be build with building, which means our houses can be 30% house, and 10 % yard, the rest is either grass or wetland) haha, that's why 1 acre for us is nothing who live at farmland....and yes, we are the only Chinese living in that area, because the land is cheap and huge, we can build huge houses and still have alot of land (and maintain 60% unbuild) plus a stable that we plan to get a horse (however, this is not the average HKese living style of Seattle, or Puget Sound, cause alot of them like to live at over prices small plot of houseing area that can only build 2000-3000sq ft houses, with small back yard and 2 car garage.  we moved away to the country side, with similar price i can live at a 5000sq ft houses and can park 5 cars with swimming pool.

I think only Canada will try to contain SPRAWL, cause in the mid west/ west coast states, 60% people prefer suburban living.
art0925 發表於 2006-8-8 17:30 | 顯示全部樓層
However, alot of voters here in US will vote down measure of urbanisation, cause with high rise, it means inflated house prices and block of view, so far, Seattle is the only place that allow to build any house over 40 storys (used to be 30, just raised to 40 this month) and Bellevue with 50 story high allowance, but it alreay created court cases against, also, one funny thing is that actually environmental groups here in the North West promote suburban living rather then urban living, cause they said it creat less emission/ smog from vehicles, and seriously, the country side has much better air.

原帖由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-8 07:13 發表

I never see a Hong Kong guys here does that but the local...a lot
All Australians use saliva to read books/papers
They don't wash their hands
don't rinse the dishes after immersing in  ...
 樓主| hk_ayu 發表於 2006-8-8 19:33 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 art0925 於 2006-8-8 17:26 發表
I think only Canada will try to contain SPRAWL, cause in the mid west/ west coast states, 60% people prefer suburban living.

Suburban living itself is not harmful because it can be high-density suburbs like Hong Kong's new towns with mainly public transport

City living: pollution concentration bad for human health
Low-density suburban living/countryside living: high reliance on private transport bad for earth health

To balance human health and earth health,
high-density suburban living should be the way out.

原帖由 art0925 於 2006-8-8 17:26 發表
one funny thing is that actually environmental groups here in the North West promote suburban living rather then urban living, cause they said it creat less emission/ smog from vehicles, and seriously, the country side has much better air.

Never believe in American environmental groups.
How come you drive more frequent, longer distance but emit less smog??

Countryside with better air is just because the pollution spreads easily.
Average greenhouse gas emission per capita in countryside is much higher than in cities.

[ 本帖最後由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-8 19:39 編輯 ]
ksmbh 發表於 2006-8-8 22:39 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-2 19:17 發表

天水圍北/將軍澳人口密度達每平方公里20/15萬人,
而多倫多目標只係每平方公里4萬人,
以西方人標準每平方公里4萬人已經係令人咋舌的密度

不少西方遊客見到香港d住宅區,
尤其是東鐵太和→粉嶺豁然開朗見 ...

4人家庭八百呎真係差唔多啦,
不過香港大部分家庭冇呢個生活水平,
我覺得香港係人口密度過高,
生活水平同空間以亞洲城市黎講算頗差了,
好似新加坡咁就剛剛好!
art0925 發表於 2006-8-9 06:16 | 顯示全部樓層
But if there's more plan/ tree, then the harmful substainces can be cleansed a bit, this is why we are only allow to plan trees, but not cutting trees (we need a city permit and a engineer report to cut a tree down)

原帖由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-8 19:33 發表

Suburban living itself is not harmful because it can be high-density suburbs like Hong Kong's new towns with mainly public transport

City living: pollution concentration bad for human health ...
 樓主| hk_ayu 發表於 2006-8-9 18:46 | 顯示全部樓層

Advertisement

原帖由 art0925 於 2006-8-9 06:16 發表
But if there's more plan/ tree, then the harmful substainces can be cleansed a bit, this is why we are only allow to plan trees, but not cutting trees (we need a city permit and a engineer report t ...

As you say, just clean a bit
This cannot change the fact that Americans contribute most to destroy the world

Why not drive less and live denser like European cities do??
It can already make a huge difference

To make driving totally unnecessary,
Hong Kong style is the only way,
but the first step for America is to stop sprawl and learn European style

[ 本帖最後由 hk_ayu 於 2006-8-9 18:54 編輯 ]
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 會員申請加入

本版積分規則

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement